Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26, 2013

I  HAVE HAD 10 HOURS SLEEP--  ANOTHER 4 WEEKS OF 10 HOURS AND I MAY BE BACK TO NORMAL- WHATEVER THAT IS.
 
TODAY WILL BE  "PECKER CHECKER DAY"
 
WHEN WE ARE OUT TRAINING  THE 3RD QUESTION PEOPLE ASK   "IS THAT A MALE OR FEMALE?"  - I ALWAYS WANT TO ANSWER WITH SOME SNIPPY REMARK-- BUT I DO HOLD MY TONGUE.. IT SEEMS TO BE A CRITICAL BIT OF INFORMATION
 
TO CONFORM WITH THAT BIT OF THE IDIOCRIOSY--- UNDER CONTROLLED CIRCUMSTANCS...I WILL  UPEND THE PIMENTOS.-- FOR A GOOD 6 MONTHS IT WILL MAKE NO DIFFERENCE... EXCEPT.....
I DON'T MEAN TO BE A SEXIST-- BUT IN FACT   THE FEMALES ARE THE FIRST TO CLIMB OVER THE FENCES AND GET LOOSE.
 
BEFORE ANY FEMINIST GETS ON A ROLL ABOUT THE OBVIOUS SUPERIORITY OF THE FEMALES, I THINK IT HAS FAR MORE TO DO WITHTHE ANATOMY-- THE FEMALSE DO NOT HAVE THE TAILHOOK ASSEMBLY  WHICH DISCOURAGES SLIDING OVER THE FENCE.
***************
A FEW OTHER THINGS TO NOTICE WHICH ARE MORE INTERESTING......TO ME ANYWAY....CAN THE PUPS EXTEND THEIR LEGS STRAIGHT BACKWARDS?  
 OLD WIVES TALE #932  IF THEY CAN THERE IS NO HIP DYSPLASIA..-- WELLLLLLLL...  MY FATHER ( BORN 1900) TOLD ME IF A PUP PUTS HIS LEGS STRAIGHT BACK HIS HIPS WERE GOOD..-- LONG BEFORE DYSPLASIA WAS A WORD --- THE SECOND BIT OF INFO IS THAT --- LONG AGO ( 1995??) WHEN THE PENN HIP TEST WAS IN VOGUE -- I HAD DEAGLE "PENN HIPPED"  AND IN THE PROCESS THE VET TECH WHO WAS EXTENDING  HIS LEGS BACKWARD ( UNDER ANESTHESIA AND ON THE TABLE) SAID.. I CAN TELL YOU NOW HIS HIPS ARE FINE BECAUSE WHEN WE  CAN'T GET THE LEGS BACKWARDS LIKE THIS IS WHEN THE RESULTS COME BACK WITH DYSPLASIA.
 
THAT TEST WAS $500  AND I DID THAT FOR A WHILE.
 
THEN I LOOKED AT MY STUDS WHO WERE JUMPING 6' FEBNCES AND BREEDING FEMALES ON THEIR OWN SCHEDULE--  AND THAT $500 DID NOT LOOK LIKE A WISE INVESTMENT... AND WE HAD ONE FFEMALE WHO COULD CLEAR AN 8' FENCE- 
 
THQT IS WHEN I STARTED FEEDING THE PUPS ON THIER HIND LEGS SO I COULD GET A REALLY GOOD LOOK AT THEM AS THEY DEVELOPED-- THAT SEEMS TO WORK AS WELL AS ANYTHING- THE RECORD IS VERY GOOD AT ID'ING A PERFECT PET/FABULOUS FAILURE-
 
*******************
SO NOW ITH THE PIMENTOS-- YOU CAN SEE THEY EXTEND THEIR  LEGS BACKWARDS.. I HOPE THEY ALL CAN---  ALL OF YOU FOL --CP's--   WHO WATCH THEM SO CAREFULLY-- CAN YOU TELL ME ANY THAT DO NOT- IN THE NEXT MONTH? 
 
THAT WILL GIVE YOU ALL A HELPFUL JOB.
***********
AND--- THOSE 2 SMALLER PUPS-- YOU ALL ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THEM GETTING A CHANCE O NURSE-- THEY ARE DOING FINE... THE ONE I NEED TO WEATCH IS THE SMALLER HARLEQUIN... WHO AT BIRTH KNEW SHE NEEDED TO PUT THAT NIPPLE IN HER MOUTH-- BUT WAS VERY SLOW TO REALIZE SHE HAD TO CLOSE HER MOUTH TO IMPROVE THE SUCTION  AND DELIVERY OF MILK..
**************
 
WE WILL WEIGH THEM ALL AGAIN TODAY TO BE SURE THEY ARE ALL GAINING...
 
I CAN TELL FROM LIFTING THEM -- THEY ARE ROUNDING OUT.
******************
NOW ABOUT THE NUPPIES-- THEY MADE THEIRR FIRST  THERAPY DOG VISITS YESTERDAY TO BROOKSBY VILLAGE-- A RETIREMENT HOME-- IN A BABY CARRIAGE..
 
THERE IS ONE WOMAN THERE WHO HAS NOT SPOKEN TO ANYONE IN ??YEARS?? WHO TALKED TO THE PUP..
 
SO ALREADY THEY ARE WORKING.
 
IT IS A WIN WIN  TO TAKE THE DOGS THERE FOR TRAINING-- IT IS HEATED AND AIRCONDITIONED-- AND WHENEVER YOU HANDLE AN ANIMAL YOU ARE TRAINING IT.
******
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WALK IN CIRCLES TO TRAIN A DOG.
***
IF I TOOK BAILEY AND STARTED WALKING IN CIRCLES, SHE WOULD STOP AND LOOK AT ME "WHAT ARE YOU ... NUTS?   I WILL WAIT TIL YOU COME ROUND AGAIN   !!!" 
IT INSULTS THE INTELIGENCE OF THE DOG.
 
I SEE IT HERE WITH THE SMALL PUPS-- WHEN ON A RAINY/COLD DAY  MEGAN OR HIALRY WILL TRY DOING LAPS-- RUNNING AOUND THE CENTER  FIREPLACE AND BEFORE VERY LONG- THERE WILL BE AT LEAST ONE PUP WHO WAITS FOR THEM TO COME ROUND...  GOT TO REMEMBER THOSE WHO DO THAT.
 
THAT IS WHY I SAY OUR DOGS ARE EDUCATED-- NOT TRAINED..
 
YOU CAN NOT TRAIN A DOG TO DO ALL THEY THINGS OURS WILL BE REQUIRED TO DO-- SO I DO NOT WANT TO INHIBIT THIER ABILITY TO THINK ABOUT THINGS.
THIS IS WHY OUR DOGS WILL SOMETIMES LOOK AT YOU AND SAY " YOU WANT ME TO WHAT?"   THEN IF NECESSARY THE  COMMAND IS  "YES DAMNIT"
 
AND... I HOPE SHELIA BRINGS HER REHAB DAUGHTER DOWN TO BABY SIT TH EPUPS SO I CAN GET OUT O COSTCO AND WALK  BEFORE I LOOSE THAT ABILITY
 
AND WE DO HAVE TH E  GOPRO  CAMERA STRAPPED TO A HARNESS FOR BAILEY TO WEAR.
 
PROBLEM THERE  IS  COSTCO DOES NOT WANT US FILMING IN THEIR STORE-- SO WE MAY HAVE TO RUN TO WALL MART FOR AN EXPERIMENTAL FILMING.
*******************
EARLENE  REPORTS ALL PIMENTOS  HAVE GAINED AT LEAST 3 OZ...
 SO WE AR OFF AND RUNNING IN THAT DEPARTMENT.
 
I HAVE PUPPY SITTING TO DO-- EARLENE HAS TO GO TO WORK
 
DARN...

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am totally guilty of asking if a dog is a boy or a girl when I meet it. BUT -- and maybe this is true for other people??? -- it's just so that I know which pronoun to use when I talk about him/her. It's purely a grammatical preference!

    The Nuppies who helped the woman in the retirement home speak: moments like that must just fill your heart and make all the hard work worthwhile. It brought a smile to my face just reading about it!

    Thank you, Carlene! May you have several more 10-hour nights of sleep ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep?! ..I've given it up in preference to, cutting poo scrapers, baking cookies and watching these adorable Pimentos. Thank you for giving us all the chance participate, in whatever positive means possible! YOU ROCK CARLENE! :) Huge Hugs and Have a Wonderful Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the one litter I bred, out of eight pups, a girl and the biggest boy were explorers from almost the beginning of their lives; the first to climb out of the whelping area. All the pups were healthy and strong, though. I remember seeing, at a the house of a breeder friend many years back, one female in a 5-week old litter clear her way to the food bowl by visual intimidation of her larger littermates (she had been born the smallest; but she was certainly vigorous and spirited!). Sometimes the girls develop faster. Which doesn't mean the boys can't, or don't, or aren't smart (my boy certainly is!).

    The visit to the retirement home sounds wonderful; they must have loved meeting the Nuppies! It's great that the one lady spoke up again.

    Hope you get more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nuppies in a baby carriage????? Please tell us there are photos, we NEED to see them!!! And how wonderful that their vsit went so well.
    I could tell when I looked in on the pimentos a few minutes that they've ALL grown since Sunday, they look great & they're so active!
    Thank you for all the fasciating info you share with us, you know you're making us greedy for more, yes?? ;)
    Hope you get longer than ten hours sleep tonight. Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it's okay...but given they are called the pimentos...I think in my head, "how are the 'mentos?" as I log on. Hope that's not offensive. It's more a term of endearment.

    As for people saying rude things, is there no way to block them from posting or at least deleting all their posts? Especially, since someone is moderating the posting. This site is filled with such positivity...there is simply no room for negativity or mean spiritedness.

    I'm certainly someone that asks questions...and since I can't be on 24/7 (I'd love too) I probably ask dumb questions or those that were already asked. I've found that reading through all of the posts to be very tedious...and many times have not found the information I was looking for so, when people posting say read the previous posts...that means I've got to slog through at least 30 minutes worth of my time just to try to find my answer...which isn't there. So please be patient with me...I only ask what I can't find the answer to.

    Thanks for adjusting the camera at the right time. I know people get impatient...and I'm guilty of thinking those thoughts while watching, only because I don't want to miss anything...but you always come thru turning it in the right direction. Thank You. It's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete