Sunday, May 19, 2013

MAY 19, 2013

HAPPY 19th  OF THE MONTH-
ANYONE WITH SOME REASON TO BE WISHED SOMETHING-- BIRTHDAY, ANIVERSERY  WHATEVER--  THE  "HAPPY  19th"  IS MY WAY OF DEALING WITH THINGS I NEVER REMEMBER ANYWAY.

 

I HOPE THIS COPIES FOR YOU

WE TOASTED MARY WITH NOT ONLY A DRINK OR TWO BUT A BAG OF CARROTS. IT WAS VERY APPROPRIATE.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AND JANINE HAS STARTED A BOOK- HILLARY READ THE BEFORE MARY
 
SECTION -- IT IS PRETTY FUNNY.-

THE CRAZY CIRCUS OUR 4-H CLUB PUT ON FOR YEARS- WHICH IS HOW I ENDED UP WITH SO MANY STRANGELY TRAINED ANIMALS- WHICH MADE THE TV COMMERCIAL FOR TUFTS VET SCHOOL- WHICH STARTED ANIMAL EPISODES- PROVIDING ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS FOR MANY YEARS COCKROACHES, FROGS, SHAMPOOED COWS- THINGS LIKE THAT WHICH LANDED ME TRAINING SERVICE DOGS AND OWNING MARY
***********
SHE MENTIONED LUCY--- I HAD FORGOTTEN LUCY- WHO I BOUGHT ONE SUMMER TO INCLUDE IN THE CIRCIS USUALLY HELD LATE IN AUGUST.

I PAID $7 FOR A TINY BABY PIG- WHICH THE KIDS TRAINED---AND SHE HUNG AROUND THE YARD - IN LYNNFIELD-- MUCH LIKE MARY DID IN IPSWICH.. SHE MUST HAVE EVENTUALLY WEIGHED 500 POUNDS... SHE HAD AN INTELLIGENCE THAT I SWEAR ALLOWED HER A SENSE OF HUMOR SIMILAR TO MARY.

MY HUSBAND- TOM-- THE IDEAL -- TALL DARK HANDSOME MEDICAL DR -- CLEAN TIDY---.... WITH A CAR HE USED TO TAKE THRU THE CAR WASH TWICE A WEEK .... KIND OF PERSON... HAD ZERO ANIMAL EXPERIENCE AND REALLY DID NOT INTELLECTULLY PARTICIPATE WITH THEM. --- HE WAS SWEEPING THE DRIVEWAY ONE DAY-- AND LUCY THE PIG WAS WATCHING HIM-- SHE JUST WALKED OVER TO TALK TO HIM- PROBABLY COMMENTING ON THE JOB HE WAS DOING. .. HE WAS NOT ONE TO HOLD A CONVERSATION WITH A PIG AND BRUSHED HER AWAY WITH THE BROOM-- SHE LEFT AND STOOD ABOUT 12 FEET AWAY AND TURNED TO TALK TO HIM IN PIG LANGUAGE--- I.E, LOUD HIGH PITCHED SCREAM. HE JUMPED SIDEWAYS--PIGS CAN SCREAM... I SAW THAT HAPPEN----

AND I SAW LUCY UNDERSTAND THE POSIBILITY-- SO SHE WALKED TOWARD HIM SCREACHING- HE RAN.. A MISTAKE.. BECAUSE FOR THE NEXT YEAR, HE WOULD COME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL WITH HIS TIDY DOCTOR'S BAG IN ONE HAND-- LUCY WOULD LET HIM GET OUT OF THE CAR AND SHUT THE DOOR AND SHE WOULD BELT OUT OF THE BUSHES AND CHASE HIM AT A RUN INTO THE HOUSE.

****
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE.

 *****
BY THE TIME I HAD MOVED TO IPSWICH AND HAD MARY WE HAD ALL LEARNED THAT UPSETTING AN INTELLIGENT ANIMAL PRODUCED DIRECT CONSEQUENCES .

AS OPPOSED TO UPSETTING PEOPLE.... WHICH PRODUCES LAWYERS.

**********

SO THE SEARCH FOR ANOTHER LIFETIME EXPERIENCE HAS BEGUN--

-REMEMBERING LUCY, IF IT WASN'T FOR HER ABILITY TO PUSH HER NOSE THRU 6 INCHES OF PACKED SOIL OR CEMENT ANOTHER PIG COULD BE A POSSIBILITY.. BUT SHE HAD 6" DEEP TRENCHES ALL OVER ---- SHE COULD ROUT THRU PACKED SOIL YOU WOULD HAVE TROUBLE DENTING WITH THE BACK HOE ..SO WE ARE WAITING FOR ANOTHER DONKEY TO FIND US.

I HATE TO TELL YOU BUT HORSES ARE JUST TOO STUPID. TO TELL SOMEONE THEY HAVE HORSE SENSE IS A TERRIBLE INSULT

ALL A HORSE KNOWS IS TO RUN AWAY FROM ANYTHING QUESTIONABLE-- REGARDLESS OF WHO IS ON HIM OR WHAT IS TIED BEHIND-- THEY ARE ACCIDENT PRONE... BIG TIME. DONKEYS ARE CAREFUL. SO I D RATHER TAKE MY CHANCES WITH ANOTHER DONKEY.. THEY WATCH AND QUESTION...

*************

I HAVE RATTLED ENOUGH IT IS A SUNDAY STEW-- AND WE HAVE GUESTS IN THE CABIN-- A POTENTIAL APPLICANT-- NICE HIGH SCHOOL KID..

***

SO I BEST AWAY

6 comments:

  1. CARLENE YOU ARE ONLY THE SECOND PERSON I KNOW WHO HAD A PET PIG. MANY MANY YEARS AGO AN EX GIRLFRIEND GAVE MY BROTHER A PIGLET FOR HIS BIRTHDAY. I THINK SHE WAS TRYING TO TELL HIM SOMETHING, BUT HE HAD THE LAST LAUGH. KEPT THAT PIG IN HIS RURAL YARD FOR MANY YEARS, NAMED HIM PETER PORKER. HE WAS AN ANIMAL LOVER, ALWAYS HAD DOGS AND CATS AND THE PIG FIT RIGHT IN. VERY INTELLIGENT ANIMAL, VERY GOOD COMPANY. PETER AND MY BROTHER WERE BEST FRIENDS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARLENE, THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDY WISH, MINES TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo! Wish I was there... Cheers to Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHEERS TO MARY THE DONKEY... MAY ANOTHER SOUL FIND YOU... WHO, LIKE LUCY THE PIG AND MARY THE DONKEY, KEEP YOU GUESSING & LAUGHING. I HAD A POT BELLY PIG MANY YEARS AGO. HE WAS NAMED ELVIS ARRON PIGGLY... HE WOULD RING A BELL WHEN HE WANTED OUTSIDE :) VERY INTELLIGENT THOUGHTFUL/COMEDIC ANIMAL THAT I'D IMAGINE YOUR MARY AN LUCY WERE. I'M SORRY I DIDN'T GET TO MEET MARY, BUT YOU HAVE TOUCHED MY HEART WITH YOUR STORIES OF HER ANTICS. LIKE YOU I TOO KNOW THAT THOSE DEAR COMPANIONS FIND US...AS WE LOOK FOR THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT ABOUT HORSES TO A POINT. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE YOU GET ONE... I'VE ACTUALLY HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO HAVE THREE IN MY LIFETIME: A NICE COWBOY PAINT GELDING - COMANCHE, A JEALOUS LITTLE SORREL QUARTER HORSE - TOPAZ, AND AN OFF TRACK THOROUGHBRED - BUTCH. COMANCHE ESPECIALLY WAS PARTICULARLY BRIGHT.

    ANYWAY, SOMEONE ON THE FACEBOOK PUPPY WATCHER SITE POSTED A LINK TO SAVE YOUR ASS DONKEY RESCUE. I READ THROUGH THE PROFILES. (MANY NICE DONKEYS THERE) BUT ONE STUCK OUT TO ME. I DONT KNOW IF SHE IS RIGHT FOR IPSWICH OR IF IPSWICH IS RIGHT FOR HER, BUT I AM INCLUDING THE LINK AND HER BIO. SHE SEEMS LIKE A NICE "SMART ASS".

    http://www.saveyourassrescue.org/foradoption.html

    Brit

    Brit is an adorable, affectionate, funny, fat, little mule. I was told she can be hard to catch in the pasture but that has not been my experience. I find it hard to get far enough away from her to even take a picture! She loves being groomed and fussed over. She is great about having her feet handled, she was just trimmed last week and was a star. She is about 12 hh.

    Her age is in question...somewhere between nine and twenty! The vet will be here to give her a once over, update her rabies and tetanus vaccinations, and draw blood for coggins and verify her age for me within the next week or two. She loves attention and clicker training has her name all over it. She's a little smart ass!

    We don't have video of her on the trail, but she flies through the woods and takes every log in her path, sailing over them. She needs an experienced child or small adult due to her small stature. What she lacks in size she makes up for in personality!

    Adoption fee. $800.00

    http://youtu.be/taro36iJl0g

    ReplyDelete
  6. HERE'S ANOTHER THOUGHT. YOU HAD LUCY THE PIG AND MARY THE DONKEY... WHAT ABOUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT? ANOTHER SCARY-SMART HOOVED ANIMAL I HAD WAS A BRAHMA BULL NAMED PEDRO. HE HAD ROAMING PRIVILEGES AROUND THE RANCH AND WOULD DO THE SAME THINGS LIKE LUCY DID TO YOUR HUSBAND (RUSHING OUT FROM SOME HIDDEN SPOT TO GET A REACTION FROM THE POOR UNSUSPECTING SOUL).

    ReplyDelete