Friday, February 21, 2014

feb 21 2014
everyone who sent me their address should get a callendar in a few days... if not let me know.
i am happy to do it...   that is what the fun jug is for .

we did sell enough to make a profit so these extra ones may as well go to anyone who will enjoy them... with the promise that if they win the megabucks  we get 1%
********
this kennel cough is running it's course.. bailey was quits sick with it -- othng special  just those "i don't feel good "  eyes -- but yesterday she ran around the yard like a bloomin idiot.. and came in and tore up a box with ariot..  so she is better... and boo is hacking away.

*********
the serious discussion of the day...
 in the past week i have had 2 people write to me about thire dogs not liking people "getting in their face"  and they think they might bite...
good morning--- why are you letting someone get in their face i the first place...?????

try this scenerio ---
"what a beautiful dog"
"take your hands off my dog"
"why does he bite?"
"no -- i do"

just because they are in collar and leash is no reason for them to have to submit to a bunch of people they do not like ---- you have all heard the story of tiffany and the one little girl out of 100,000 people that she wanted to kill--- and picked the same kid out of another 100,000 people the next year...  who knows why   but if your dog grumbles at you about someone-- you must support their opinion and tell the person to keep their distance.  that is your job.
************
yesterday we had a bunch  of volunteers around here and all went very well-- 
we all ate some really good soup that appeared-- and i am not a soup person-- but that was good...
i just looked   there is a bag of the soup left-- so there is breakfast!!

i even took a dog to best buy for a "cord"   in my new car.... and i didn't hit a thing.
i told theresa i should take a hammer and make a small dent somewhere -- just to get the first  scratch/dent  over with.. i am still taking the book of instructions with me where ever i go.   i do not know why/how  the audio button on the car plays the music from "Auntie Mame"  one of my favorite shows.... i did not have an ipad attaqched to  it-- i don't know where that came from.
**********
i heard from shelia that she may be down there another couple weeks,
*******
i just heard tina has a bunch of people who want callendars--  it is simpler if you just send me an email with your address  and i just sit here and write the envelope - i have asked her to send me the list-- 
i will get those out today... hopefully
**********
if the rain would get rid of all this ice it would be a good thing--- so far it is just greasing the ice making it really treacherous .
*********** 
and they are supposed to bring back my tractor today   with the new bucket / plow  on it..
****** 
today's crew-- allison is here-- and steve-- and megan  will be shortly-- there are 2 people in the guest house to be introduced to a new dog for her.  got to give the husband some job to keep him away from the  wife and new dog til they get familiar with each other.

4 comments:

  1. I would love a calendar. Where do I give my address to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEN I WAS TEACHING OBEDIENCE CLASSES, WE ALWAYS HAD THE OWNERS PRACTICE THE WORD, "NO!" ("NO, YOU MAY NOT PET MY DOG," "NO, MY DOG DOES NOT LIKE THAT," AND SOMETIMES EVEN "NO, I DON'T KNOW IF MY DOG BITES.") WE REMINDED THEM THAT THEY WERE THE DOGS' GUARDIAN, AND THAT IT WAS THEIR JOB TO PROTECT THE FOUR-LEGGERS IN THE FAMILY.

    ON A PERSONAL NOTE, WE ALSO HAVE A DANE, AND I CAN'T TELL YOU THE NUMBER OF TIMES STRANGERS HAVE RUSHED UP TO HIM, LOUDLY PROCLAIMING, "LOOK, IT'S MARMADUKE!" (OR SOME OTHER INANE THING), AND GONE STRAIGHT TO HIS FACE AND HEAD. I'M SURE PEOPLE THINK WE'RE NUTS TO YELL, "NOT OVER HIS HEAD!" WHICH IS WERE THEIR HANDS DIRECTLY GO, BUT IT'S MY JOB TO MAKE SURE MY BABY DOESN'T GET IN TROUBLE BECAUSE OF THE STUPIDNESS OF OTHERS.

    I WISH EVERYONE HAD TO GO TO "DON'T DO STUPID THINGS" SCHOOL, BUT UNTIL THEN, I'M GUESS I'M JUST GOING TO SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT YELLING OUT WARNINGS. I LOVE MY DOG TOO MUCH NOT TO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI CARLENE, MY HUSBAND IS BUYING A NEW CAR AND THE DEALER TOLD HIM SOME ABOUT A FEW 'ODD' CUSTOMERS. INCLUDING ONE GUY, THAT BEFORE DRIVING OFF THE LOT WITH HIS BRAND NEW CAR, TOOK OUT A HAMMER AND DINGED THE DOOR. SAID HE WANTED TO DO IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DID. MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA. I HAVE ALWAYS DREADED BEING THE FIRST TO DENT A NEW CAR. THANK GOODNESS IN 44 YEARS OF MARRIAGE, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN MY HUSBAND THAT'S HAD THAT HONOR. IT'S BEEN A TRUE HONOR GETTING TO KNOW YOU VIA SDP. LOVE AND HUGS TO YOU AND ALL THE STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Scotland and tried buying one through SDP website but had problems with overseas postage not adding, so never managed to get it. I would still love a calendar but I need to find a way to order it.

    ReplyDelete