I AM CERTAINLY GLAD THE CAMERA COMMUNITY HAS TAKEN IT ON THMESELVES TO TRY AND IMPROVE OUR EATING HABITS.. WHAT WITH PEOPLE CALLING IN OUR TAKE OUT ORDERS... AND NH TEACH COOKING ON MONDAY NIGHTS.... THINGS SHOULD BE LOOKING UP. CHOCOLATES AND WHIPPED CREAM ARE LOVELY-- BUT I DID GAIN 4 POUNDS
NOW THAT IS A LIE... I GAINED 4 POUNDS SINCE WHEN? IF YOU START IN HIGHSCHOOL, I HAVE GAINED ABOUT 30 POUNDS-- I WOULD LIKE TO THINK I WAS TOO THIN THEN...
AND IF YOU BELIEVE THAT , I HAVE A BRIDGE IN NEW YORK TO SELL YOU....
NHTEACH COOKS ON MONDAY NIGHT AND HERE ARE HER OWN GUIDELINES..
goals for dinner each week:
- I will attempt to keep the meal 'balanced'
- I will keep the cost of four servings at $20- or less
- I will "keep it simple" as I am using someone else's kitchen, their tools, and trying to not step on a herd of "Dane-giraffes" while cooking
- I will time the meal so it is done as soon after MAIL CALL as possible
- I will incorporate Carlene's favorite foods when possible and tempt her into different ones without too much brow-beating
- I will avoid sliced tomatoes and asparagus at all costs (darn!)
- I will find ways to include lima beans (Carlene's favorite!)
- I will never include "green juice" in any meal
- I will "mix it up" - the goal is to get the staff away from Chinese take out and pizza!
PUPS HEALTH IS PROGRESSING
I WISH BAILEY LOOKED BETTER, BUT SHE IS COMFORTABLE..
BUSY DAY AHEAD...MONDAY STAFF MEETING 9:00ISH-- THEN ANNE WANTS TO DO SOME WRITING OF GRANTS..
IT IS REALLY VERY STRANGE THAT ANNE'S WRITTEN ENGLISH GRAMMER AND SPELLING IS SO FAR SUPERIOR TO MINE.. AND HER NATIVE LANGUAGE IS NOT ENGLISH.. ( DENMARK)
THAT IS ALSO SUBJECT TO THE BRITISH OPINION THAT AMERICANS DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH ANYWAY.
AMERICANS ARE SLOPPY TALKERS.... THE BRITISH USE THIER MOUTHS MORE TO MAKE WORDS MORE DISTINCT AND COLORFUL.. IN MY OPINION... ( I HAVE BEEN WATCHING)
JANINE USED THE TRAILER YESTERDAY TO MOVE ONE OF THE WILD DONKEYS TO A FRIEND OF HER'S WHO COUL D SPEND MORE TIME WITH IT... THERE WERE ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE FOR SHATUPON SUNDAY--SO ALOT OF PARKED CARS---- SHE GOT OUT ALL RIGHT WITH THE TRAILER BUT ON THE RETURN SHE DECIDED TO USE THE NEW "SECOND DRIVEWAY" BEHIND THE ARENA... SHE SENT ME AN EMAIL SAYING "I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET IT OUT OF THERE" ----- I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE GOT IT IN THERE-- LAST TIME I USED THAT DRIVEWAY I HAVE ABOUT 4 INCHES LEEWAY WITH MY CAR.
PLUS THERE IS THE ADDED CONFUSION THAT THE NEIGHBORS DON'T THINK I SHOULD BE USING THAT DRIVEWAY -- SOUNDS LIKE I WILL HAVE TO CUT DOWN 35 YEARS OF UNDERGROWTH TO GET IT OUT OF THERE...
THE SHATUPON WENT WELL-- AGAIN A SPLIT SECONG DELIVERY OF THE WINNING NUMBER.. WE BARELY GOT THE THIRD CHICKEN OUT OF THE CRATE WHEN WE HAD A WINNER...
WE HAVE A COUPLE NEW VOLUNTEERS- A NURSE--I LOVE NURSES-- THEY PUT THINGS BACK-- IT IS PART OF THEIR TRAINING---
AND - I THINK THE GUY IS A VETERAN-- WHO ANNOUNCED
"VETERAN WITH A$$ REPORTING FOR DUTY" I THINK IN THE PHONE CONVERSATION WITH HIM LAST WEEK, I MUST HAVE SAID SOMETING ABOUT "YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH DANES? GET YOUR A$$ DOWN HERE"
THEN THERE WERE A COUPLE NEW APPLICANTS- ONE A 10 YEAR OLD CHILD - HOPING TO DUPLICATE THE BELLA AND GEORGE STORY..
I SUGGESTED THEY COME BACK IN THE SPRING AND SEE HOW HE GOT ALONG WITH DOGS BY VOLUNTEERING ON A REGULAR BASIS...