Thursday, July 14, 2016

JULY 14 2016
PERFECT TIMING....WE ARE COMING DOWN THE HOMESTRETCH  WITH THE WET FOOD FROM PURINA.. IT IS USUALLY SHIPPED BEFORE THE 15TH... AND  WHAT A BLESSING THAT IS...MAKES ME REALIZE HOW AWFUL IT WOULD BE TO  HAVE TO GO  BUY A PALLET OF FOOD !!!- ALSO MAKES ME REALIZE , I HOPE WE ARE DOING ALL WE CAN FOR  THEM-- 
BEFORE THEY DONATED OUR FOOD... I WAS BUYING PURINA... SO I AM NOT JUST BEING NICE SO THEY WILL SEND ME FOOD.. THO THE TEMPTATION WOULD BE GREAT....

 WAY BACK... I REMEMBER.......DOG FOOD IS A LIKE A RELIGION TO ALOT OF PEOPLE-- NOT ME...... IN MY OPINION,   THEY ARE SO INFLUNCED BY SOME ADVERTISING AND DESPARATE TO "DO THE RIGHT THING" FOR THEIR PETS- THEY RELINQUISH ANY NORMAL THOUGHT PROCESS  AND SEIZE ON  THE MENTAL TRAINING DONE BY AN ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN... THE MOST PEQUILIAR.... IN MY LIFETIME.... I HAVE KNOW ONE KENNEL THAT SWORE THAT FEEDING A SPECIAL FOOD OF GROUND UP, DRIED, FOUL SMELLING FISH, WOULD PREVENT HIP DYSPLASIA. AND PEOPLE WHO FED IT,  WOULD ARGUE..(.THEY ALSO SOLD IT.) . AND WOULD SHIP IT TO CALIFORNIA  -- SMELLY 50 POUND BAGS---
I HOPE.. BUT I AM NEVER TOO SURE... THAT ANY INTENSE ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN -- DOG FOOD OR POLITICAL---- PUTS ME INTO REVERSE AND  INTO "QUESTION MODE"  

IN THE CASE OF DOG FOOD, WITH THE HELP OF A CP,   WE TYPED IN 74 DIFFERENT  INGREDIENTS  ON 
A HUGE SPREAD SHEET - ADN LABELED THE  FIRST 10 INGREDIENTS OF 25 DIFFERENT DOG FOODS... 
I AM ATTACHING IT-- WITH  HOPES YOU CAN DOWNLOAD  ( AND PROOFREAD/ CHECK IT OVER....?) 
 SDP 'S HISTORY OF FOOD,  SOMETIMES  WHEN THE GOING GOT ROUGH FINANCIALLY,  I BOUGHT THE CHEAPEST PURINA  I COULD FIND-- SUPERMARKET PRUINA'S DOG CHOW-.. OR COSTCO'S KIRKLAND- ---- FOR A SHORT SPELL, WE 
   FED CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE DOG LOVERS SOUL BECAUSE THEY GAVE US A GOOD DEAL, AND I LIKED,  BUT WHEN I HAD TO GO BUY FOOD, , BUT  VALUE FOR THE DOLLAR,  I  HONESTLY BOUGHT PURINA.....30+  YEARS...  FOR A COUPLE REASONS.

I THINK--- ( NOTE THAT  "THINK"   CAREFULLY -- I COULD BE ALL WET......BUT..)--- AN AWFUL LOT OF THE DOG FOOD- EXCEPT PURINA -- IS PROCESSED BY A COMPANY CALLED DIAMOND MFG.-- THEN THERE WAS THE HUGE RECALL DUE TO A PIECE OF DUCT TAPE CARRYING SALMONELLA IN THEIR PROCESSING PLANT SOMEWHERE...  COSTCO'S KIRKLAND WAS INVOLVED--- AND I WAS WATCHING THE LABELS ON  SEVERAL BAGS-- IT LOOKED TO ME LIKE DIAMOND JUST CHANGED THE WAY TEHY LABELED TEH BAGS, BECAUSE THEIR  MARKET WAS SO HUGE,  FINDING ANOTHER COMPANY TO TAKE OVER COUD NOT HAPPEN IN A FEW WEEKS.   PERSONALLY........ I THINK THEY PULLED OFF THE DUCT TAPE, CLEANED THE MACHINERY AND BASHED ON .. UNDER A NEW NAME. A ND NEW ADVERTISING...

MY OTHER CONVICTION ON DOG FOOD, IS THAT  PURINA IS A HUGE COMPANY-- AND IF A BETTER FOOD COULD BE MADE, THEY WOULD SIMPLY  MAKE IT--- 100% SLICED SIRLOIN OR SOME SUCH....AND CHARGE  A HUGE PRICE FOR IT.... -PRO PLAN IS A GREAT FOOD--- OUR DOGS LOOK GREAT ( AND THEIR BOWELS ARE FINE  AS LONG AS TEHY DON'T INGEST ANY FOREIGN OBJECTS...)
NOW IF I COULD ONLY CONVINCE OUR VOLUNTEERS TO FEED SLIGHTLY LESS OF IT- BECAUSE SOME OF OUR OLD LADIES ARE GETTING A BIT ROUND... CHAOS  SPECIFICALLY...'
***
 THIS IS HARDLY A SCIENTIFIC STATEMENT ---  BUT I MUST...  ALOT OF DOG FOODS CONTAIN CORN.. AND PEOPLE RAVE  THAT IT IS NOT GOOD FOR DOGS... WELL...... IN MY EXPERIENCE LONG AGO   BEFORE SDP  AND FENCING...- WE LOST  SEVERAL CHICKENS TO  A DOG ( ACTUALLY A PIT BULL JANINE BROUGHT HOME....) AND TEH 3 CHICKENS SHE CAUGHT SHE WAS VERY CAREFUL TO EAT THE INSIDES FIRST..WHICH WERE FULL OF THE CORN  THE CHICKEN ATE-- THEN THE DARK MEAT THEN THE WHITE... 
------PLUS  YOU PUT DOWN A SCOOP OF HORSE "SWEET FEED"  AND ALL THE DOGS WILL HAPPILY EAT IT. 
*********
HOW DID I GET GOING ON ALL THIS.
WELL  ??? EDUCATIONAL  


I HOPE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD TEH  FOOD CHART..  IT IS INTERESTING... AND DO CHECK IT FOR FACT WITH WHATEVER YOU FEED????

2 comments:

  1. CARLENE - Hopefully today you will be receiving a package from Costco. It may or may not have my name attached to it. Please look these over and let me know if they are useful or need to be edited. If so, we can arrange to have more made. Don't thank me, my husband had the idea and put it into action. I hope to be watching at mail call. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, yall! it's nanci from texas living in PA. i had a fun idea for a fund raiser. you could raffle off the opportunity for a cp to have their pet included on a calendar page with the danes. i was chatting with my 7lb havanese , bunni, and thought how cute she would be in bunny ears sitting on bailey who is holding a basket of easter eggs. have some other ideas, too. hope all are well, haven't seen any vomit reports for today. no news is good news!

    ReplyDelete