Tuesday, August 30, 2016

AUG 30 2016
THE PASSING OF AN ERA 
THANK YOU ALL FOR REMINDING ME... YOU GIVE THEM A HAPPY LIFE AND WHEN IT IS OVER, IT IS OVER. 

BAILEY FINALLY SAID TO ME "I HAVE HAD IT, I REALLY NEED TO SLEEP NOW."  SO SHE HAS GONE TO THE RAINBOW BRIDGE ALONG WITH OTHER GREAT ANIMALS WITH WHOM  I HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF SHARING MY LIFE.  IT MUST BE GETTING CROWDED UP THERE....  
SHE IS OUT NEXT TO THE POND WITH TIFFANY..ANOTHER GREAT...

SO  MANY MEMORIES- BUT THE ONE THAT STICKS OUT WAS BAILEY' S  LAST TRIP WITH THE BASKET..SHE COULD BARELY WALK, BUT HER SENSE OF HUMOR CAME THRU  WITH "LOOK EVERYBODY  I CAN STILL GIVE HER THE DANM BASKET" AS SHE TOSSED IT AT MY FEET.

I NEVER WANTED TO TRY AND GET ANY OTHER DOG TO CARRY THE BASKET WHEN SHE WAS AROUND, BECAUSE I KNEW THAT WOULD HURT HER FEELINGS...
BUT I CAN START IT NOW.  AND I DON'T HAVE MUCH TO WORK WITH...BENTLEY?  IF YOU CAN'T EAT IT OR MAKE PUPPIES , HE ISN'T MUCH INTERESTED...  TUMBLER IS EVEN TERRIFIED OF THE YUPPY PUPPY- SO IT IS GOING TO TAKE A WHILE..  BAILEY TRUSTED ME--  LONG AGO SHE LEARNED TO LEARN......I CAN'T SAY ANY OF THE CURRENT BUNCH  ARE LIKE THAT...  THEY ALL HAVE ANOTHER AGENDA --- SO I WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH THE BUNCH...

LEARNING TO LEARN IS THE HARD PART. 

BUT THE SEARCH BEGINS...

2 comments:

  1. Charlene, I never met Bailey but I will her as much as you will and I know others will to. It so neat to read about Bailey in the Doggie Daily. At least she is buried with another one of your great dogs.

    Zig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Bailey was a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete