Sunday, May 21, 2017

MAY 21 2017
I NEVER SHOULD NHAVE SAID I KNEW ALL ABOUT THIS IMPULSE SPRAYER--- IT TOO IS LIKE  COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY... YOU CAN BE AN ABSOLUTE EXPERT ON ONE PIECE OF TECH,  AND NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT  THE REST-- OF WHICH THERE IS A GREAT DEAL..

 SO MY  SPRINKLER EDUCATION CONTINUES-- AFTER LOOKING THIS ONE OVER-- WHICH APPERARS LIKE ALL TH OTHERS I CAN'T FIND.... I CAN MAKE IT WORK PRETTY MUCH AS I WANT.. PATTERN/QUANTITY ETC..  BUT I STOPPED TO LOOK AT THE PIECES.... AND THERE IS A LEVER/SWITCH. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT DOES--..I TAKE THAT BACK... I KNOW WHAT IT DOES, IT REVERSES THE ROTATION--- BUT EXACTLY HOW IT DOES THAT CONTINUES TO COMNFUSE ME-- AND AFTER JOYCE AND I STUDIED IT, I HATE TO SAY, BUT THE ONLY WAY TO TRY TO UNDERSTAND IS TO HOOK IT UP AND GET ALL WET...  WHICH I WILL EVENTUALLY DO ,.... SOME WARM DAY....
******
I HAVE HAD SEVERALA VERY INTERESTING FLY TRAP DESIGNS SENT TO ME....  THERE IS ONE  I HAVE USED VERYU SUCCESFULLY AS FLY TRAP IF YOU CAN STAND THE ROTTING SMELL WHICH FLYS REALLLLLLLY LOVE.-- I USE A GALLON MILK JUG ( CUT OFF THE  TOP , INVERT THE TOP AND DUCT TAPE THE EDGES.. MAKEING A FUNNEL IN BUT THE  FLYS  WILL CRAWL UP THE WALLS AND CAN NOT FIND THE EXIT )   -- COUPLE PIECES OF  RAW CHICKEN LIVER-
 ( NOW HERE COMES THE CRITICAL PART....) A GENEROUS GLOB OF DOGGIE DOO.. NOW YOU MUST WATCH FOR A BIT OF  POO THAT IS VERY ATTRACTIVE TO FLYS.... NOT ALL DOG POO IS-
BEING THE AVID STUDIER OF  USELESS INFORMTION....  I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED IF SOME DOGS PASS SOME PROTIEN IN THEIR STOOLS .. MAKING IT VERY ATTRACTIVE TO OTHER DOGS FOR SNACKING-- DO SOME DOGS PRODUCE "FLAVORED POOP"?  WHY DO SOME DOGS TAKE A WHIFF OF A PILE AND EITHER LEAVE IT OR SAMPLE IT?  -- IT IS A QUESTION TO BE STUDIED AT LEGNTH-- AT ANY RATE -- THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN ATTRACTIVENESS TO  FLYS... LET THE FLYS IDENTIFY THE CORRECT POO TO PUT IN THE MILK JUG WITH YOUR CHICKEN LIVER....  ADD ABOUT  AN INCH OF WATER AND SET/ HANG SOMEWHERE  FAR FROM  WHEREVER YOUR NOSE MIGHT BE... 
I HABE BEEN ABLE TO COLLECT 3 OR 4 INCHES OF THOSE BLACK SHINNEY FLYS.  BEFORE I FINALLY BAG IT AND START AGAIN...
*****
 MY PREFERRED MOSQUITO COLLECTION DEVICE ... CONTINUES TO BE  THAT FINE NET (FROMA FABRIC STORE IS  EASY TO FIND.)  FORMED INTO A FUNNEL VERY QUICKLY WITH A REGULAR OFFICE STAPLER-- AND ZIP TIED TO THE FANS-----  IN THE DELUX MODEL - I HAVE HUNG A REGULAR LIGHT BULB-- BEHIND THE FAN  THIS WILL INCREASE BOTH MOSQUITO COUNT AND MOTH NUMBER... THE REGULAR 20 INCH WINDOW FANS WORK WELL... ( $19.00)
**** 
 WHEN IT CONTAINS HUNDREDS OF MOSQUITOS---- ONE WOULD THINK SPRAYING THE NET WITH RAID WOULD KILLL THEM.. I HAVE FOUND  AFTER A 12 HOUR SOAKING RAID DOES NOT WORK... BUT TWISTING THE NET AND STEPPIN ON IT  WITH A HEAVY FOOT, WILL WORK NICELY.
IF  BEING HEAVILY COATED BY A DIERCT SPRAY OF RAID DID NOT KILL THOSE MOSQUIOS , I WONDER IF THE MAKER EXPECTS YOU TO COAT YOUR  YARD TO A DEPTH OF 6 INCHES  BECAUSE SWIMMING IS NOT A SPORT CDONE BY MOSQUITOS???
************

Hi Carlene,
Clark and I have had a few low-key weeks since the end of the semester.  And that's a good thing!  We are enjoying the nicer weather outside on our daily walks, as well as work and errands.

A lesson on listening to your dog:
When we walk in the neighborhood, we usually walk uphill and do the street behind us.  It's not really steep, but the sidewalk is a little uneven and we have to be careful and go slow, or else I tend to stumble on that part.  This afternoon, as we headed toward the sidewalk, Clark kept nudging me and turned the wrong way (or so I thought).  I started saying "Clark, no---" but then realized he was just leading me to walk on the side of the street, which was better paved and much easier.  A thinking walker, for sure!  Glad one of us was using our brain. :) 

We actually ended up walking our route twice before lunch today.  I could not have done that route even once a year ago.  Thank you, thank you for the wonderful gift of Clark!


Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i really like your blog as it is very detailed so much information is there in this blog. So thank you but if you want to know more there is one more Post Free Ads www.helpadya.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great blog that you've posted and you give it for free. I like seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for knowledge. Thanks for sharing it very useful for Help Adya to Post Free Ad.

    ReplyDelete